Archive for June, 2010

Welcome to the Ally Bank Community and idea exchange

Posted in Community
June 24th, 2010 at 8:30 am by Ally

We talked in depth with customers and listened carefully before we launched the bank last May. What we heard repeatedly was that the world didn’t need another bank. What they needed was a better bank. And that’s what we’ve been working to build; this community is a natural next step in listening to our customers.

What is an Online Bank?

Posted in Products
June 24th, 2010 at 8:15 am by Diane Morais, Ally Bank Product and Innovation Executive

I’m thinking today about the first chatter I ever heard around the idea of an online bank. I was working for a traditional bank and I remember being skeptical, like everybody else, and thinking: There’s no way anyone’s going to pull that off. People won’t be comfortable not having branches they can walk into. How… read more

Kiplinger’s Personal Finance and Money recognize Ally Bank savings account

Posted in Products
June 24th, 2010 at 8:10 am by Ally

For a brand that just celebrated its first birthday, Ally Bank has been getting lots of industry recognition and kudos from experts in personal finance. Last December, Kiplinger’s Personal Finance put Ally Bank on its “2009 Best List” in the Credit & Banking category as “Best Bank Account.”