The Best Online Checking Account Out There?

Responses to this post (16 comments)

1. 2/25/2011
    3:58 pm
    Scott says:

i love that Ally reimburses ATM fees! However I was wondering, does Ally have any agreements with any national ATM networks (Allpoint, Star, NYCE, etc) so there is no ATM fee up front? If not, is this something that we might be able to expect sometime in the future?

• 2/25/2011
      5:02 pm
      Ally says:

Thanks, Scott! We haven’t heard any plans over here, but we’ll pass along your note to the right people. Thanks for the feedback!

2. 2/27/2011
    5:41 pm
    Bam says:

Ally needs remote scan deposit before it can be considered a best. I was told months ago Ally was looking into this, but I heard nothing since then. Is this still vapor ware?

• 2/28/2011
      2:35 pm
      Ally says:

We’re still working on it, Bam! Definitely in the pipeline. No worries there; it will happen.

3. 3/3/2011
    1:38 pm
    dee says:

Do you have a bank for me to use on or a short distance from Elgin, Il.

• 3/3/2011
      3:03 pm
      Ally says:

We’re a direct bank, Dee, so you can access your account by phone, ATM or wherever you have an Internet connection!

4. 3/3/2011
    5:49 pm
    Bryan Greenwood says:

That’s why we keep recommending you at http://rockstarbanks.com.

Ally rocks!

5. 3/4/2011
    9:21 am
    Jay says:

I was looking for a new bank to start my life over again while going through an ugly divorce. I found Ally Bank on the bankrate.com web site. They were highly rated and had no costs and they even pay me interest on my checking account. Once I got set up with Ally, I have been very pleased and now I understand why the commercials about Ally always say “I Love My Bank”.

You will not be disappointed with Ally Bank.

Thank you as I start over,

6. 3/12/2011
    2:56 am
    John says:

Shortly after I won the lottery, I was on the road headed for Vegas. I pulled over at an old diner in the middle of death valley. There was a sticker on the window that said free WiFi. I asked the waitress for a burger and fries. I whipped my shiny new ipad and I googled CD rates. I found my way to http://rockstarbanks.com and that’s where I fell in love with Ally.

I never did make it to Vegas. Instead of gambling my fortune, I keep it safe it Ally.

• 3/14/2011
      2:13 pm
      Ally says:

Ha! That’s a great story, John, and we would never, of course, doubt its authenticity. And cheers on the RockstarBanks.com love. Bryan over there only has kind things to say to us on Twitter.

7. 5/9/2011
    7:22 pm
    Maxi says:

Hiya! Y’all are ranked pretty highly in my book as I look for a new bank to do my checking/saving with, but I was wondering if you’d considered taking a page out of (nameless, faceless other bank’s) book and thought about charging interest instead of a flat fee on overdrafts?

• 5/9/2011
      7:30 pm
      Ally says:

It’s certainly something we can pass on to our team, Maxi. Really appreciate the suggestion though. We’re constantly looking to better serve our customers by constantly getting feedback, so kudos!

And be sure to let us know if we can answer any questions about us for you!

8. 8/29/2011
    12:46 pm
    John says:

Hello! Does Ally offer an overdraft line of credit account?

9. 9/6/2011
    4:48 pm
    John says:

No need to answer my question above, if you were ever going to. I found a Bank that offers an overdraft line of credit with no fees.

10. 2/13/2012
    6:34 am
    ABdulai says:

How do i check my savings abount balance using the internet?

• 2/13/2012
      7:01 am
      Ally says:

You can use our login page at Ally.com, Adbulai. You will have to set up an account with us before logging in. You can call us 24/7 at 1-877-247- 2559 and one of our customer service reps will walk you through the setup. Let us know if you have any questions.

Leave a Reply

This is how you'll be referenced on the site.
Your email address will not be published.