Spend this 4th of July Celebrating Your Financial Independence

Posted in Community
July 1st, 2011 at 11:30 am by Ally

Here at the Straight Talk Blog, we want to wish all of our readers a happy and safe 4th of July. Sometime this weekend, we encourage you to reflect on your own financial independence. For some of you, this may be something you’ve already achieved through smart saving, while for others it may be an ongoing goal that you’re working toward.

Financial independence means different things to different people. Some think of financial freedom as a matter of being solely accountable for how you earn, spend, and save money. Others, such as Get Rich Slowly’s J.D. Roth, define it as living comfortably while earning money through channels other than traditional employment. David Ning, on the other hand, sees it as an ever-evolving state of mind.

However you define it, you may find it’s worth taking some time this holiday weekend to think about the money lessons you’ve learned–or are still learning–that can bring the peace of mind so many people want.

What does financial independence mean to you? Is it something you’ve achieved by laying out an intelligent saving strategy?

Photo courtesy of Flickr user aloha75

Responses to this post (2 comments)

1. 7/2/2011
    2:58 am
    Victoria - Ozarks Crescent Mural says:

Financial independence means to me that I always have enough money to do the things I want, which includes right now saving for the building of a tiny house and to buy the land that it will go on!

• 7/5/2011
      8:04 am
      Ally says:

Thanks for sharing, Victoria. And our sincerest best wishes on your quest for that dream too! It sounds pretty amazingly relaxing.

Leave a Reply

This is how you'll be referenced on the site.
Your email address will not be published.