Last-Minute Halloween Tips That Are Creative and Easy

Posted in Community
October 27th, 2011 at 6:47 pm by Ally

More than two thirds of Americans are celebrating Halloween this year, according to the National Retail Foundation – up almost 5 percent from last year and the highest level the NRF has recorded in nine years of surveys. Americans are expected to spend $6.86 billion – $72.31 per person – on costumes, candy and decorations.

But maybe you’re one of the more reluctant two thirds and you have yet to figure out what you’re going to wear. Or maybe your child needs a new costume because their best friend is also going as Cinderella. If this is the case, you might find yourself standing in the aisle of your local store with only the most expensive options at your disposal. But having to come up with a last-minute Halloween costume gives you the chance to be creative in ways that are both easy on the wallet and completely unexpected.

Money Crashers has a list of great costumes for kids that are original and easy to put together. Silicon Valley Blogger of The Digerati Life also has some great costume suggestions that are suitable for both kids and adults. The best part about both lists is that many of the looks can be put together with clothing and household items you already own, making them great resources if you’re only now starting to think about what you’ll be.

But getting dressed up isn’t the only way to spend Halloween. If you’re looking to celebrate in a way that’s both different and doesn’t take a lot of planning, Savvy Sugar has some suggestions worth looking into. All of these things take a minimum amount of planning while still allowing you to get into the Halloween spirit.

What are you doing to celebrate Halloween? Do you have any tips or ideas for an original, easy to make costume?

Responses to this post (2 comments)

1. 10/27/2011
    7:32 pm
    The Digerati Life says:

Don’t forget to check out your old clothes or stuff you’d otherwise recycle. You may be able to put something together from these items that you’d otherwise do away with. When I do spring cleaning, I set a few things aside to see if I can make use of them later, and I find that a lot of the stuff turns out to be pretty useful as part of our Halloween decor or costumes. Old clothes, coats and other items can be turned into handmade costumes with a little creativity (and time). I even came across a picture of someone who turned an old umbrella into bat wings! :)

• 10/28/2011
      4:47 pm
      Ally says:

Nice, SVB! Thanks for dropping by!

Leave a Reply

This is how you'll be referenced on the site.
Your email address will not be published.