New Debit Card Fees Test Consumers’ Patience

Responses to this post (8 comments)

1. 10/10/2011
    4:21 am
    Russell Lewis says:

People deserve what they get if they are too stupid or lazy to close their accounts and move them elsewhere.

2. 10/10/2011
    2:48 pm
    Victoria - Ozarks Crescent Mural says:

Gosh, Ally, please don’t ever start charging fees like this. How horrible. I’d have to start keeping my money under my mattress :)

3. 10/10/2011
    3:16 pm
    Laura says:

You guys must be really busy with all of the people switching over. I’ve been waiting for my welcome kit for more than a week now, but was told it could take up to ten days. Hopefully it gets here soon!

It would be really interesting to see if there was a huge surge in people signing up for ally after these stories hit the news.

4. 10/10/2011
    7:37 pm
    Richard Rakowski says:

Why would anyone stay at one of those banks? I have been with Ally for a year now and suggest everyone else join too. I just closed my secondary checking account at Suntrust and smiling all the way to Ally bank.

5. 10/10/2011
    8:26 pm
    Yvette D. Best says:

I was with Wells Fargo and switched to Ally before this fee. The commerical banks are rip-offs and always trying to nickel and dime you. With Ally I have free checking with interest, can send money to people with different banks than my own electronically, and now I can scan my deposit. The best feature of all is I am refunded for every fee the other ATM charges. IIt great now and I know it can only get better! Ally has all my accounts. Way better than Capital One – Who’s in your wallet?

6. 10/10/2011
    8:42 pm
    Bill Nosbisch says:

It’s bad enough they charge too much for credit, no returns on savings, and too many fees. They pushed us to use this service with excuses and now they want to charge us again. What ever happened to SERVICE?

7. 2/24/2012
    1:29 pm
    Lorie says:

very true Commercial Banks are ridiculous when it comes to fees. I have a Wells fargo Business account and just recently closed a personal account with them I was being charge $8.00 monthly just for having this account…Crazy..
    I am switching over from ING Direct to Ally the transfer did take more than expected but it was not Ally’s fault ING made it kind of difficult, just waiting on my IRA to rollover.
    I am satisfy with Ally ,communication is great and very professional.
    Hope to have a long business relationship.

• 2/24/2012
      1:30 pm
      Ally says:

Welcome to Ally, Lorie! We’re happy to provide you with great banking and excellent customer service. Let us know if you have any questions about Ally or our products.

Leave a Reply

This is how you'll be referenced on the site.
Your email address will not be published.