Ally Mobile Banking Is Here! [UPDATED WITH VIDEO]

Posted in Ally Mobile, Community
May 16th, 2012 at 11:45 am by Ally

That’s right, Ally Mobile Banking has finally arrived for iPhone® and Android™ users! Now you can check your balance, view recent transactions, transfer money between your Ally Bank accounts and find ATMs and cash-back locations near you. Just head to the App StoreSM or Google Play and search for “Ally Bank.”

There’s also a separate app for non-Ally customers that finds nearby ATMs, and retailers who offer cash-back. This makes it easier for everyone to access their money.

UPDATE: Take a look at our new video that explains just how Ally Mobile Banking works. Be sure to share with friends who don’t know about it yet!

Go download Ally’s Mobile Banking app, and let us know what you think about it in the comments!

What feature of Ally Mobile Banking will be most useful to you? Will you access Ally mobile banking via the iPhone or Android?

Responses to this post (153 comments)

1. 4/27/2012
    4:46 pm
    Brian says:

AWESOME!

2. 4/27/2012
    5:00 pm
    Charles says:

THANK YOU!

3. 4/27/2012
    5:10 pm
    LJTARA says:

AWESOME!

4. 4/27/2012
    5:13 pm
    Ben says:

I am glad that the app is here, but right now it is not very useful. I know it is a first release but after how long it took to arrive I expected for it to have more features. The only thing I can do with this app that I couldn’t already do with others is transfer money between Ally accounts, and I don’t do that often. To catch up to the other banks Ally should update to include mobile check deposit soon, and I would like to be able to see what my Ally Perks offers I have available. I don’t get to use them because I can never remember what the current offers are.

• 4/27/2012
      5:15 pm
      Ally says:

We’ll have updates for our community throughout the year, Ben! The second mobile rollout is scheduled for later this year! Look out for updates on the Straight Talk blog!

5. 4/27/2012
    5:40 pm
    David says:

Finally, a native app to use on my phone! Great first step, but *please* add a mobile deposit via camera feature ASAP!

• 4/27/2012
      5:41 pm
      Ally says:

We’re very excited for the mobile apps too, David! We’ll update our community on the Ally eCheck Deposit feature for mobile, launching during the second mobile rollout, scheduled for later this year!

6. 4/27/2012
    5:42 pm
    Carlo Mendoza says:

Get it on Windows Phone!

• 4/27/2012
      5:45 pm
      Ally says:

Thanks for the suggestion, Carlo. Passing your feedback along to our team over here. Should a Windows Phone app launch, we’ll be sure to let you know. Thanks!

7. 4/27/2012
    5:52 pm
    Nick says:

Thanks for the release to Android! I would also like to know when Ally is going to start offering customizable debit cards.

• 4/27/2012
      5:52 pm
      Ally says:

We’re happy to help, Nick! As for the customizable debit cards, it’s currently not in the pipelines. But should it launch in the near future, we’ll be sure to let you know. Thanks!

8. 4/27/2012
    6:19 pm
    Robert says:

Thank you guys so much! I’m so glad I switched. Five stars across the board.

• 4/27/2012
      6:21 pm
      Ally says:

Appreciate the response, Robert! Thanks!

9. 4/27/2012
    7:28 pm
    Natalie says:

Thanks for the update and for actually launching this in April as you said. It definitely has been a long time coming but it’s a great little app!! Can’t wait to have Popmoney and remote deposits!!!

• 4/27/2012
      7:30 pm
      Ally says:

Thanks for the kind words, Natalie! We’ll provide updates on our second mobile rollout, which will include Popmoney and the Ally eCheck Deposit feature for mobile, scheduled for later this year. Stay tuned!

10. 4/27/2012
    9:03 pm
    Jesse says:

FINAAAAAAALY! Now… Let’s talk mobile check deposit…

• 4/27/2012
      9:04 pm
      Ally says:

We’re pretty excited over here too, Jesse! We’ll have updates on our second mobile rollout on the Straight Talk blog. It’s currently scheduled for later this year!

11. 4/27/2012
    9:13 pm
    Tim says:

Agreed, it is missing the one feature that would make it worth installing, mobile check deposit. I can already check my Ally accounts from my mobile phone’s browser just as fast as using this app and my little credit union has had a android app with check deposit for over a year.

• 4/27/2012
      9:15 pm
      Ally says:

Appreciate your feedback, Tim. Passing this along to our team over here. We’ll have the Ally eCheck Deposit feature for mobile in our second mobile rollout, scheduled for later this year.

12. 4/27/2012
    10:08 pm
    Shawn says:

Very basic, but very well done. It’s quick and easy to log into and make transfers and view recent transactions. Much quicker than having to open up Safari.

• 4/27/2012
      10:10 pm
      Ally says:

We’re glad you’re happy with the Ally Bank mobile apps, Shawn! Thanks for sharing!

13. 4/28/2012
    12:27 am
    Jason says:

Now for deposits from mobile and we’ll be golden

• 4/28/2012
      12:29 am
      Ally says:

That’ll be part of our second mobile rollout, Jason. That’s scheduled for later this year! We’ll have updates on the Straight Talk blog. Stay tuned!

14. 4/28/2012
    1:05 am
    Don says:

FYI…The app immediately closes after launch on the Android app on the Asus Transformer tf300t.

• 4/28/2012
      1:07 am
      Ally says:

Appreciate the heads up, Don. Passing this along to our team over here. We’ll have someone take a look into it! Thanks!

15. 4/28/2012
    1:51 pm
    Matt G. says:

+1 on the mobile check deposit, which is the most critically needed mobile function for an online-only bank. The user experience of giving you guys my money is painful right now. Lessen that friction and I’ll give you more of it more often, promise.

• 4/28/2012
      1:51 pm
      Ally says:

We appreciate your feedback, Matt. Ally eCheck Deposit feature for mobile will be part of our second mobile rollout, scheduled for later this year. We’ll have updates on the Straight Talk blog. Stay tuned!

16. 4/28/2012
    1:54 pm
    Aaron says:

I’ve been waiting a while for the app, and I was excited when it came out. I also practice good password security and have a bank password that is long, and contains special characters. I’ve used passwords with special characters to log into the Ally website for about a year now.

When I type my password into the Ally iPhone app, though, it tells me my password “can not contain special characters like & ” ‘ / “. It looks like the left hand isn’t talking to the right here…

• 4/28/2012
      1:56 pm
      Ally says:

Aaron, sorry for the inconvenience. Currently, our mobile app will not allow the following characters to be used: & ” ‘ /, but all other special characters are supported. In order to utilize the app you will need to log into the website and change your password

17. 4/28/2012
    2:36 pm
    Joseph says:

Thank you for releasing the mobile app! Would love to be able to look up current Ally Perks offers using the app.

• 4/28/2012
      2:27 pm
      Ally says:

It’s currently not a feature we offer, Joseph, but should it be implemented in the future, we’ll be sure to let you know. Thanks for your feedback!

18. 4/28/2012
    2:59 pm
    Wolfy says:

As an ALLY customer, and a user of BlackBerry mobile devices, I am disappointed that I am still unable to access my ALLY account via my mobile device—not even via the mobile web browser. This is very frustrating. Most other major banks either have an app for BlackBerry, or at least permit mobile access via the mobile web browser. If ALLY cannot remedy this I might have to switch to a bank that does… Hopefully ALLY will show us BB users a little love–and soon!

• 4/28/2012
      3:00 pm
      Ally says:

We are glad to announce the mobile optimized site went live late last night, Wolfy!

19. 4/28/2012
    4:29 pm
    bobby y. says:

great app!!! now i can look up my transaction history on the go and easily transfer from savings to checking!! looking forward to bill pay option!!! Ally thanks!!!

• 4/28/2012
      4:30 pm
      Ally says:

We’re glad to hear that you like the mobile apps, Bobby! Thanks for the great words!

20. 4/28/2012
    6:28 pm
    Cory says:

Thanks but please PLEASE add a mobile check deposit feature!! And letting us know when this is coming would be really helpful.

• 4/28/2012
      6:30 pm
      Ally says:

The Ally eCheck Deposit feature for mobile, will be launched during our second mobile rollout, scheduled for later this year, Cory. We’ll have updates on the Straight Talk Blog. Stay tuned!

21. 4/28/2012
    11:30 pm
    Pete says:

I travel quite often. The ATM reimbursement at ATMs everywhere is what brought me too Ally. Now I can check my accounts and transactions on the go. It’s a simple interface without delays from constant offers and promotions. Hopefully it stays that way.

22. 4/29/2012
    3:06 am
    matt says:

it also needs ability to transfer to/from external linked accounts…

• 4/29/2012
      3:30 am
      Ally says:

That feature will be available during our second mobile rollout, Matt, scheduled to launch later this year. Look out for updates on our blog!

23. 4/29/2012
    3:45 pm
    Jake says:

Not a moment too soon!

24. 4/29/2012
    3:55 pm
    Ned says:

Excellent. Now, mobile check depositing. NOW.

• 5/1/2012
      10:00 am
      Ally says:

It’s scheduled to be part of our second mobile rollout, expected to launch later this year, Ned!

25. 4/29/2012
    5:49 pm
    Michael says:

Great first step for iPhone! Nice clean interface that is easy to use. Like most others on this site, I cannot wait for the features such as pop money and deposit with camera …. And bill pay would be a nice one too

• 5/1/2012
      10:22 am
      Ally says:

Thanks for the feedback, Michael. Our second mobile rollout is expected later this year, and is scheduled to include our Ally eCheck Deposit feature, transfers between external accounts, Bill Pay and Ally Perks. We’ll update our community as we get closer to launch.

26. 4/29/2012
    6:32 pm
    Bill says:

Thank you for the app. I really need it and hope you will have the ability to transfer from non-Ally accounts in the future!

• 5/1/2012
      9:25 am
      Ally says:

It’s scheduled to be included in the second mobile rollout, expected later this year, Bill. Look out for updates on our blog!

27. 4/29/2012
    7:10 pm
    Lenny says:

Great Layout and Ease of Use – It took long enough…but still more functionality is need

- Mobile Check Deposit
    - Transfers between External Accounts
    - Bill Pay
    - Ally Perks

• 5/1/2012
      9:20 am
      Ally says:

We hear you, Lenny! Our second mobile rollout is expected later this year, and is scheduled to include our Ally eCheck Deposit feature, transfers between external accounts, Bill Pay and Ally Perks. Stay tuned!

28. 4/29/2012
    10:08 pm
    Pim Linders says:

Love the app, can’t wait for check deposit feature as that process is currently a major pain.

• 5/1/2012
      9:41 am
      Ally says:

The Ally eCheck Deposit feature is currently scheduled for our second mobile rollout, Pim. Stay tuned for updates on our Straight Talk blog!

29. 4/29/2012
    10:47 pm
    Christa says:

I, too, have had the problem with the app not accepting a password with special characters, and I am certainly not going to use a password sans special characters just so I can use this app. Also, can someone tell me why it is that the app needs to have access to my contact list, per the permissions given when downloading the app?

• 5/1/2012
      3:40 pm
      Ally says:

We’re sorry for the inconvenience, Christa. Currently, our mobile app will not allow the following characters to be used: & <> ” ‘ /, but all other special characters are supported. In order to utilize the app you will need to log into the website and change your password.

30. 4/30/2012
    10:14 am
    Nick says:

Thanks for the app (Android), that was the one thing missing that I was looking for. I’m sure it will get better as people start using it.

• 4/30/2012
      3:39 pm
      Ally says:

Glad you like it, Nick! Thanks for sharing!

31. 4/30/2012
    11:24 am
    Rohan R. says:

m.allybank.com does not work. it jumps to the http://www.ally.com

is this being corrected?

32. 4/30/2012
    12:58 pm
    Robert Yerkes says:

It would be nice to have the ability to deposit checks from my android phone! The app looks great though.

• 5/1/2012
      3:36 pm
      Ally says:

Thanks for sharing, Robert. The Ally eCheck Deposit feature is scheduled to be included in our second mobile rollout that’s expected to go live later this year. Look out for updates on our blog!

33. 4/30/2012
    7:31 pm
    Tom says:

So far a good app. Should have ability to set a pin login by registering your android device.

That should allow for quick login to check balances. So lets say i want use my debit card for a purchase, but i dont my balance, pin login will allow quick access. i would my debit card more and Ally will make more money with debit card transaction fees from merchants.

• 5/1/2012
      11:31 am
      Ally says:

Thanks for your feedback, Tom. Passing it along to our team over here. If the feature is launched, we’ll be sure to let you know.

34. 4/30/2012
    8:13 pm
    rohan r says:

the optimized mobile version website does not work. it starts loading and then it takes you to http://www.ally.com

• 5/1/2012
      9:45 am
      Ally says:

The mobile optimized website should now be live, Rohan. Please visit m.ally.com, to get access.

35. 4/30/2012
    9:24 pm
    Tom says:

Balance widget or pin login for quick balance check.

36. 4/30/2012
    10:35 pm
    Brent says:

Now im not positive but I think people want the eCheck deposit feature. Just kidding :p I think the app is a great start. Looking fwd to the updates. I never review apps in the app store but I made sure to leave a good one for ally!

• 5/1/2012
      10:27 am
      Ally says:

We really appreciate your support, Brent! Thanks for that!

37. 5/1/2012
    10:13 am
    David says:

Great app!!!!! Can’t wait for the mobile deposit option!

• 5/1/2012
      3:43 pm
      Ally says:

Thanks for that, David! We’ll update our community on the second mobile rollout as we get closer to launch. It’s scheduled for later this year.

38. 5/1/2012
    4:13 pm
    Patrick says:

Thank you for the Android release! I can’t wait to see the mobile deposits feature added.

• 5/2/2012
      3:47 pm
      Ally says:

The Ally eCheck Deposit feature for mobile is scheduled to launch later this year, as part of our second mobile rollout, Patrick. Look out for updates on our blog!

39. 5/1/2012
    4:56 pm
    aaron says:

Brent you are mistaken, what I really want is the eCheck deposit feature.

40. 5/1/2012
    CML says:

The Mobile app is a huge disappointment. No check deposit and no bill pay. Ally continues to lag behind other banks where electronic communication is concerned. The desktop check deposit is a time intensive pain.

• 5/2/2012
      3:46 pm
      Ally says:

Thanks for your feedback, CML. The Ally eCheck Deposit feature for mobile is scheduled to launch later this year, as part of our second mobile rollout. Look out for updates on our blog!

41. 5/1/2012
    Corey says:

OMG! I’m excited. I’ve been checking for a month on iTunes now and was a little surprised I didn’t get an e-mail from Ally announcing this news.

• 5/2/2012
      3:46 pm
      Ally says:

We’re glad you were able to get the mobile apps, Corey! Let us know how you like them!

42. 5/1/2012
    7:50 pm
    Steve F. says:

omg we don’t need “customizable debit cards” geez. Stay lean and stay simple Ally. Mobile check deposit is fantastic, but I dont’ need customizable debit cards and all those silly bells and whistles that you can get from a bank that charges you ATM fees!

• 5/2/2012
      9:37 am
      Ally says:

Thanks for your feedback, Steve.

43. 5/1/2012
    10:13 pm
    Blake says:

Excellent Job! Just like everyone else, I can’t wait to see the new features (mobile deposit, external transfers, etc.) which will be introduced later this year. As for the interface on your app, I can honestly say it is the best in the business from what I have seen. Keep up the great work!

• 5/2/2012
      9:43 am
      Ally says:

We really appreciate your feedback, Blake! We’ll be sure to pass it along to our team and keep you posted as the next rollout approaches. Thanks!

44. 5/2/2012
    12:43 am
    Nicholas says:

It’s great to see this first step towards fully featured mobile apps. I’d like to also give the suggestion that a Windows Phone app should be developed.

• 5/2/2012
      9:42 am
      Ally says:

Thanks for your suggestion, Nicholas. We’ll pass it along to our team. Should there be a Windows app in the future, we’ll be sure to update you right here on the blog. Thanks!

45. 5/2/2012
    6:21 am
    Matthew says:

Ah yes – and if you have an Ally account but happen to live outside of the US, you cannot install the app.

Any chance this restriction can be lifted for your non-us customers?

• 5/2/2012
      9:41 am
      Ally says:

We apologize for the inconvenience, Matthew. At this point the app is not available outside the U.S., but we’ll be sure to let you know if that changes in the near future.

46. 5/2/2012
    9:50 pm
    tobiwankenobi says:

The Andoid app doesn’t work with a toshiba thrive tablet. It crashes during the startup.

• 5/3/2012
      10:38 am
      Ally says:

Thanks for the feedback, we will pass this information along to our team to review.

47. 5/3/2012
    1:14 pm
    Jesse G says:

Halleluiah! Thank yoU! This rocks!!!

• 5/3/2012
      1:44 pm
      Ally says:

Ha! Thanks Jesse. Please let us know what you think of the app!

48. 5/3/2012
    7:41 pm
    Jeremiah says:

Nice! As soon as eCheck Deposit feature is added. I will move my checking account to Ally as well.

• 5/7/2012
      10:46 am
      Ally says:

Thanks, Jeremiah. The Ally eCheck Deposit feature is scheduled in the next rollout expected later this year. Stay tuned for updates right here on the Straight Talk blog!

49. 5/4/2012
    11:06 am
    Lynda says:

Thank you!!!! This makes banking with Ally 100% perfect :)

• 5/7/2012
      10:47 am
      Ally says:

We appreciate the feedback, Lynda. Thanks!

50. 5/4/2012
    11:08 am
    Ricky says:

I went to like Ally Bank on Facebook and the first post I saw was about the apps. So happy! Can’t wait for the eCheck Deposit feature so I can kick PayPal’s check capture to the curb!

• 5/7/2012
      10:46 am
      Ally says:

Thanks, Ricky! The second rollout scheduled for later this year and is expected to include Ally eCheck Deposit. We’ll keep you posted right here on the blog!

51. 5/4/2012
    8:53 pm
    Rohan R. says:

m.ally.com still not working… it opens up the regular full blown website… any comments?

• 5/8/2012
      10:42 am
      Ally says:

We’re looking into this, Rohan. Can you please share with us what type of device you’re using? Thanks!

52. 5/5/2012
    12:01 pm
    Aaron Wilson says:

Awesome! You should notify customers via email. I just stumbled onto this news by chance.

• 5/7/2012
      10:44 am
      Ally says:

Thanks for the note, Aaron. We’ve shared the news on our Facebook, Twitter and blog over the past week.

53. 5/5/2012
    2:25 pm
    Yomar says:

Good start, but still lacks and trails the Charles Schwab app! Ally’s app can’t pay the bills, can’t transfer between my other banks, etc. It stills very limited , and worst of all no ipad app yet! Hope not to wait for another full year to have an update and the ipad app…

• 5/7/2012
      10:44 am
      Ally says:

Thanks for the feedback, Yomar, The second rollout is scheduled to include our Ally eCheck Deposit feature , transfers between external accounts, Bill Pay and Ally Perks, and it’s expected later this year. We’ll keep you posted as we get closer to launch.

54. 5/5/2012
    3:47 pm
    Stephen says:

Finally!! I’ve been waiting FOREVER for this. Has a few errors but awesome. I can’t wait for check deposit and I wish I could use bill pay from the app in the future! Thank you Ally Bank!

• 5/7/2012
      10:43 am
      Ally says:

Thanks, Stephen! Our second mobile rollout is expected later this year, and is scheduled to include our Ally eCheck Deposit feature, transfers between external accounts, Bill Pay and Ally Perks. Stay tuned!

55. 5/6/2012
    4:30 pm
    Dave says:

It’s a start but it will not be of much use until transfers between Ally and other institutions can be made. At least the iPod app seems to run OK on my iPad3 for now.

• 5/7/2012
      10:42 am
      Ally says:

Thanks for the note, Dave! Transfers between external accounts are scheduled to be included in the second mobile rollout, expected later this year. Look out for updates right here on the blog!

56. 5/7/2012
    11:20 am
    Rahul says:

I like the look and feel of the app. A few comments:
    1. Needs support for bill pay.
    2. Needs support for external account transfer (do NOT allow mobile app to setup new external transfer account without calling up Ally for security purposes).
    3. Ally Perks listing – can never remember my perks.
    4. Check scanning.

It might be tricky to get all of this while still leaving the interface uncluttered. Possibly use the ‘settings’ hardware button to access some of these option so the main page is uncluttered?

• 5/8/2012
      11:12 am
      Ally says:

Thanks so much for your feedback, Rahul. Our second mobile rollout is expected later this year, and is scheduled to include our Ally eCheck Deposit feature, transfers between external accounts, Bill Pay and Ally Perks. Stay tuned!

57. 5/8/2012
    12:21 pm
    Dudley says:

It is a good start… finally. But:
    - Check deposit is a must
    - need Bill pay
    - popMoney would be nice

58. 5/9/2012
    4:59 pm
    Rohan R. says:

w.ally.com does not work on Windows Phone 7.5. The page starts loading and then it jumps to http://www.ally.com. The same thing happens on the PC on a regular on IE8.

• 5/9/2012
      5:02 pm
      Ally says:

We’re sorry for the inconvenience, Rohan. We noticed that some Windows Phone 7 phones were experiencing difficulties using m.ally.com. So we are currently recommending that Windows Phone 7 users continue to use our full site at ally.com until further notice.

59. 5/9/2012
    10:11 pm
    Alex says:

I’m glad there’s finally an app! The ATM locator is very convienent but the app itself is really slow compared to my chase and bank of America apps. Takes forever to load! When you guys add camera/mobile deposits and improve the app drastically, I will then dump my other banks and use just ally. Thanks for finally taking the first step though lol.

• 5/9/2012
      10:13 pm
      Ally says:

Thanks for your feedback, Alex! Passing this along to our team over here. The Ally eCheck Deposit feature is expected to be available in our second mobile rollout, scheduled for later this year. We’ll continue to update our community as we get closer to launch. Stay tuned!

60. 5/11/2012
    8:45 am
    Simon Says... says:

Eveyone has clearly pointed out the big features they want to see so I’m nit gonna hit on that. All I want to say is the faster you get the update released the better. I’ve been waiting over a year for this mobile app, and it ends up being released a month later than was promised. I’m glad to have it and I’m glad I can use it, but its not as good as it should for online only bank. Your customers, we need those features at our fingertips. I know how long it takes to develop mobile apps, and if you hire the right team you can get it done in 2 months! That’s why if by the end of the summer you haven’t pushed out your bill pay, ally perks, e-check, update I’ll be really frustrated. We need those features, please stress that to you mobile app development team and have them work their butts off to get it done.

61. 5/11/2012
    7:40 pm
    Adam C says:

The mobile app has stopped working on my HTC Evo (Android). At first it was working correctly and now it just crashes at start up. I am fine using the mobile site for now but would like to know when it will be addressed for correction. I’m not going to leave over it but just curious.

• 5/11/2012
      7:13 pm
      Ally says:

Thank you for the heads up, Adam. Passing it along to our team over here. We’ll have someone look into it. Thanks again!

62. 5/12/2012
    9:01 pm
    brian says:

where is the Canadian app

63. 5/16/2012
    9:04 pm
    Larry says:

Was really hoping the app would be released with eDeposit, its part of the reason I was switching banks – its easily the most discussed/requested feature in these forums, and it was mentioned in the past that it was expected late April with the mobile app. Having to mail (who mails anything… I don’t even own stamps) my checks in seems ridiculous, and nobody I know under the age of 40 owns a flatbed scanner. Very disappointed. When can we expect this second release?

• 5/16/2012
      9:06 pm
      Ally says:

Ally eCheck Deposit for mobile is expected to launch as part of our second mobile rollout, scheduled for later this year, Larry. Look out for updates on our Straight Talk blog.

64. 5/18/2012
    11:03 am
    Wilma says:

Can you give us a ballpark estimate on the update to the mobile app? Are we talking August/September 2012 or November/December 2012?

• 5/18/2012
      11:07 am
      Ally says:

We currently don’t have an exact ETA on our second mobile rollout, Wilma. We’re expected to launch later this year. Look out for updates on our blog as we get closer to launch.

65. 5/19/2012
    10:34 am
    Tim says:

That is the laziest attempt at a finance app I’ve ever seen.

As an internet only bank you guys should be leading the field in this area, not trailing several years behind. You should commit to this properly and publish a road map with more specifics than “Stay tuned!”

• 5/19/2012
      10:36 am
      Ally says:

We appreciate the feedback, Tim and our team is working on our second mobile rollout. We’re scheduled to launch it later this year. Thanks for your patience as we work to get the next batch of updates into the hands of our community.

66. 5/20/2012
    12:01 pm
    steph says:

The mobile version of the website now makes it impossible for me to pay bills with my phone. Can you please make a link that will allow mobile users to easily access the standard non-mobile site?

• 5/20/2012
      12:03 pm
      Ally says:

In order to view the full site, Steph, click the Ally Bank option on the new mobile site, then scroll down to the “view full site at allybank.com” option, below the “Download the Mobile Apps” button. Let us know if you’re still having issues logging into the non-mobile site.

67. 5/22/2012
    10:22 am
    mb says:

I recently switched from a brick-and-mortar bank and part of my reasoning was based on the ability to cash checks using the mobile app. As soon as I signed up I immediately installed the app on my tablet. Unfortunately, I can’t even open the app. Every time I tap the icon it crashes and informs me that, “Unfortunately, Ally Bank has stopped.” Please fix this.

68. 5/30/2012
    8:55 am
    Daniela says:

Love the app Ally! The only thing I wish i had access to at this point are my Ally Perks. I love this feature of my checking account and I wish i could take advantage of it more often, but I tend to forget what offers I still have available. Other than that, I love it. I’m looking forward to the echeck deposit feature supposed to launch later this year.

Thanks!

69. 6/12/2012
    11:18 am
    GT says:

Nice, but I’m holding off downloading until you have the check deposit feature. Please get that out asap! Just opened my Ally account a couple months ago and liking it a lot so far.

• 6/12/2012
      11:22 am
      Ally says:

Thanks for the kind words, GT! The Ally eCheck Deposit feature for mobile is expected in our second mobile rollout, which is scheduled to launch later this year. Look out for updates on our Straight Talk blog.

70. 6/27/2012
    11:18 pm
    Grant says:

Check deposit via iPhone would be hugely appreciated. Several of your competitors have this feature, and I feel like this would cement Ally as the best option in my book.

71. 7/2/2012
    10:39 pm
    Valerie says:

I like it but for some reason, it force closes on my android, whenever I try to open it. Additional features, I would like too see in future releases are Check Deposit by Camera (which I see you have coming) and a widget. Widgets are very useful to me because I always remember to check it if it’s on my screen.

72. 7/14/2012
    7:50 pm
    Krystin says:

Mobile check deposit would be great. And unfortunately, I can no longer believe you when you say “coming soon!” because as everyone who’s been with Ally for more than a year knows, the app itself was coming soon for nearly a year. And when you finally promised it by Q1 of 2012, you didn’t even make the deadline! (FYI Q1 ends on March 31). In most other areas, I am perfectly content with your service. But this lack of drive to complete development of something I need very much and which nearly all of your competitors already offer has made my feelings regarding Ally lukewarm at best. In my opinion (I develop software for a living), the mobile check deposit feature should be out by the end of July, worst case scenario. If it’s not, I’m afraid I will have to find another bank.

• 7/14/2012
      7:52 pm
      Ally says:

Our team is working hard on the second mobile rollout, Krystin. We appreciate your feedback and we’ll pass it along to our team over here. We’ll continue to provide updates for our community on our Straight Talk blog, as we get closer to launch.

73. 8/5/2012
    7:20 pm
    Michael says:

First attempt was late and inadequate. Waiting for the update to become usable before I download.

• 8/5/2012
      7:22 pm
      Ally says:

We appreciate your feedback, Michael. Passing this along to our team over here. Our second mobile rollout is scheduled to launch later this year. We’ll update our community, as we get closer to launch. Stay tuned!

74. 8/9/2012
    11:32 am
    Alan says:

Any idea when the force clos issue will be fixed for android.

• 8/9/2012
      11:33 am
      Ally says:

Thanks for your feedback, Alan. Passing it along to our team over here. In the meantime, please provide your device and operating system, so we can try to determine the issue.

75. 8/17/2012
    10:31 am
    James Randall says:

Running on the new Nexus 7 and Galaxy Nexus with Android 4.1 and the p won’t launch at all. Instant force close. On my old Incredible 2 phone I loved it. Please fix … I love my bank…

If sys info is needed, tech support can email.

• 8/17/2012
      10:33 am
      Ally says:

We’re sorry for the inconvenience, James. This is a known issue and our team is expecting a fix later this year. We’ll be sure to update our community once it’s resolved.

76. 8/26/2012
    12:03 pm
    Troy says:

What month will the 2nd mobile rolllout occur?

• 8/26/2012
      12:05 pm
      Ally says:

Troy, we currently don’t have an exact ETA but our team is working hard on the next mobile rollout. We’ll have an update on our Straight Talk blog, as we get closer to launch.

77. 9/8/2012
    1:25 pm
    Laurel says:

Just signed up with Ally and love Mobile check deposit with my other bank, when will this be available on Ally Mobile app for iPhone?

78. 9/12/2012
    11:10 pm
    EE says:

Just signed up for a local bank that has mobile check deposit. Unsure why it has taken Ally so long.

Going to switch by the end of the month. Not only will I be a member of a bank that gives back to a community, but one that actually has a working mobile app. Sorry Ally!

• 9/12/2012
      11:15 pm
      Ally says:

We’re sorry to hear that, EE and we understand the anticipation for the Ally eCheck Deposit feature for mobile. Our team is working hard on the upcoming second mobile rollout, which is expected to include the Ally eCheck Deposit for mobile feature. We’ll have an update for our community as soon as we’re able to. Let us know if you have any questions.

79. 10/2/2012
    9:39 pm
    Jhc says:

Looking for a new savings account but no mobile iPhone deposits is a killer.

Is this in the works and when?

• 10/2/2012
      9:42 pm
      Ally says:

Our team is working hard on the Ally eCheck Deposit feature for mobile. It’s expected to be included in our second mobile rollout, scheduled to launch within the next few months. We’ll have an update for our community as soon as we’re able to. Stay tuned!

80. 10/13/2012
    6:26 pm
    Virginia says:

Just adding my voice to the chorus of users wondering where mobile check deposit is. I recently added an Ally Checking Account to complement my MMA and I’d really like to be able to move all my banking to Ally, but I depend on Chase Bank’s mobile features, which are excellent. After using their mobile app once, it became indispensable – I don’t think I’ve made a non-mobile deposit of a check in a year! I don’t understand why it’s taking Ally so long to catch up. The process has already been invented; copying it shouldn’t be this hard. :(

• 10/13/2012
      6:28 pm
      Ally says:

We understand the anticipation for the Ally eCheck Deposit for mobile, Virginia. Our team is working hard on the second mobile rollout, which is scheduled to launch within the next few months. We’ll have an update for our community as soon as we’re able to. Thanks for your patience. Stay tuned!

81. 10/22/2012
    12:25 pm
    mperez says:

you guys should really put in a windows phone app in your pipeline. with windows phone 8 coming out in the fall (as well as apps from the big banks) it would nice to offer your app across the board. with their new development tools, it wouldn’t actually take much to create it. not to mention since the new windows phone 8 will share the same kernel with windows 8, the app will work not only on the phone, but on the entire windows ecosystem. that includes all phones, laptops, desktops, and tablets running windows8. that’s your app with the ability to run on hundreds of millions of devices with very little work. c’mon ally, make it happen!

• 10/22/2012
      12:28 pm
      Ally says:

We appreciate the suggestion and your feedback. Passing this along to our team over here. Should a Windows 8 app launch, we’ll be sure to let you know. Thanks!

82. 11/21/2012
    10:18 am
    alan says:

Until you have check deposit by iPhone app, it is useless to me. As a matter of fact I am reviewing other banks to find one to move to. Not having deposit in the app is that big of a deal with me.

83. 11/21/2012
    10:26 am
    alan says:

I just got your update. THANK YOU. Check deposits and bill pay!!!

• 11/27/2012
      4:42 pm
      Ally says:

Thanks, Alan! Please let us know if you have any questions

84. 12/12/2012
    8:54 am
    Ragaius says:

Just became an Ally bank customer and overall I am pleased with the services, especially the ability to deposit checks via mobile device. I was unable to make a deposit using the web site but the android mobile app worked OK.

On my Droid Razr Maxx however I can’t exit the app – tapping the back icon (usual method for exiting a droid app) does nothing. Menu key does not call up a menu which might have an exit button. I have to kill it in the task manager.

Is there a way to close the app gracefully?

• 12/12/2012
      8:00 pm
      Ally says:

Hey Ragaius, we apologize for the inconvenience. Please give us a call 24/7 at 1-877-247-ALLY (2559) and someone from @allycare will be happy to assist you with the app.

85. 12/17/2012
    7:13 pm
    Rob Romz says:

I was going to install your app until I became aware of the fact that it runs continuously and that it demands permissions which are extremely invasive of users’ privacy, for no good discernible reason. Primarily, my concerns are in these areas: The App can (a) Read, store & share users’ stored contacts; (b) Monitor calls (determine the phone number and device IDs, whether a call is active, and the remote number connected by a call); (c) Read, store & share users’ call logs; (d) Take pictures and videos at any time without users’ prior confirmation or consent. Of secondary concern is the app’s ability to constantly determine and track users’ location. As I said above, I can think of no good reason why your application should require such abilities. Therefore, I decided to NOT install it on my Android device. I am very disappointed in that I cannot comfortably use Ally Mobile Banking, and am very concerned about the trust issues that this gives rise to…

86. 2/15/2013
    10:56 pm
    Pat says:

Please consider making a Windows Phone and Windows 8 application!

Leave a Reply

This is how you'll be referenced on the site.
Your email address will not be published.