Ally Quiz Part II: How Well Do You Know Your Deposit Options?

Posted in Ally Quiz, Community
May 30th, 2012 at 10:17 am by Ally

Last week, we asked: Do you know enough about the rewards and conditions of deposit accounts to assess which best suits your needs? Then we gave you Part I of our quiz to help you find out.

Here’s Part II. Find out how familiar you are with Ally deposit accounts, and about deposit accounts in general.

1. What is an Ally No Penalty CD?

A. A CD that won’t earn you interest.

B. A CD that won’t penalize you if your balance falls below $100.

C. A CD that lets you close the account before maturity, but still allows you to keep all your principal and earned interest.

D. A CD that can’t be audited by the IRS.

Answer

2. Which type of CD gives you the option to increase your interest rate?

A. Raise Your Rate CD.

B. High Yield CD.

C. No Penalty CD.

D. CD-ROM.

Answer

3. How often does Ally compound interest on all of its deposit accounts?

A. Daily.

B. Monthly.

C. Quarterly.

D. Annually.

Answer

4. Several Ally accounts offer a “variable rate.” This means:

A. The dollar amount you’re required to keep in your account varies.

B. Your interest rate may change.

C. The travel points you earn may change.

D. You can change your PIN number whenever you want.

Answer

5. What is the withdrawal fee charged by Ally Bank when using your Ally debit card at another bank’s ATM in the U.S.?

A. $3.

B. $2.

C. $0.25.

D. $0.

Answer

How well did you do on the two Ally quizzes? Do you know more about savings accounts now than you did before you took the quiz?

Responses to this post (6 comments)

1. 6/4/2012
    1:24 pm
    Alex says:

I was 100% correct on the 2 quizzes. I love Ally Bank thats why I researched them alot before switching and I love what they have to offer. Especially the $0 ATM fees for using another banks ATM and they will even reimburse you for other banks ATM charges! WAY 2 GO ALLY!

• 6/4/2012
      1:26 pm
      Ally says:

We’re glad to hear you’re having a wonderful experience with Ally Bank, Alex! Sharing this with our team over here.

2. 6/12/2012
    8:48 pm
    ryan says:

Is there a maximum amount ally will reimburse for other bank ATM fees? I have seen some atm’s as high $4 or $5. Also why is ally’s deposit hold times so high as compared to other banks?

• 6/12/2012
      8:50 pm
      Ally says:

All other banks’ ATM fees nationwide are reimbursed with Ally, Ryan! In the first 30 days of opening your initial account with Ally Bank, your deposit can be held up to 9 business days. Please refer to the Deposit Agreement on the Ally site for further reference. http://bit.ly/K2N2Hi

3. 9/7/2012
    12:42 pm
    Dwight says:

I missed 1 in each quiz. What else am I missing out on? If you are on this community site, then you probably already know about Ally Perks. But I just found out today that Ally Perks are most likely active. I have been clicking the Ally Perks link in my logged in account portal and always thought it was something that has not yet been active. And since I either chat or email, I never called. Perhaps more advertising is needed in this area (at least a link referring back to http://community.ally.com/straight-talk/category/ally-perks/ when you click Ally Perks in the account portal).

Basically, Ally is even better than I have thought. And I’m embarrassed to say I’ve been here for years without knowing. Also, I think this community site should be more conspicuous. I would probably fail a quiz on the community.

Regards.

4. 5/12/2013
    1:31 am
    retha adams says:

I AM SORRY BUT RIGHT NOW T CAN NOT OPEN A ACCOUNT I JUST DONT HAVE THE MONEY TO START RIGHT NOW I LOVE TO TRY YOUR BANK OUT THIS IS JUST STRAIGHT TALK THANKS FOR LETTING ME NO ABOUT ALLY RETHA ADAMS

Leave a Reply

This is how you'll be referenced on the site.
Your email address will not be published.