#FinCon15: #AllyHunt Scavenger Hunt Official Rules
#AllyHunt Scavenger Hunt Contest
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES, D.C. AND CANADA (EXCLUDING QUEBEC) WHO ARE ATTENDEES OF THE 2015 FINCON CONFERENCE AND ARE AGE 18 OR OLDER AND OF THE LEGAL AGE OF MAJORITY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- ELIGIBILITY: The #AllyHunt Scavenger Hunt Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia and Canada who are (a) attendees of the 2015 FinCon conference, held in Charlotte, North Carolina from September 17-20, 2015 (the “Event”) and (b) eighteen (18) years of age or older and of the legal age of majority in the jurisdiction in which the entrant resides as of the date of entry. Employees of Ally Bank (“Sponsor”) or any of Sponsor’s parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or advertising, promotion and Internet agencies, and members of the immediate family or household of any such employee, are not eligible. U.S. law governs this Contest. Void in Quebec and where prohibited by law.
- SUBMISSION GUIDELINES: Submissions must be original and have been created solely by the entrant. In addition, each Submission must comply with the following guidelines: (a) the Submission must not exhibit the entrant engaging in or otherwise promoting any illegal, violent, dangerous or discriminatory behavior or contain any material that is threatening, indecent, violent, obscene or offensive, or that promotes a political agenda; (b) the entrant must own the copyright in the Submission; (c) the Submission must not previously have been previously published or won any award; (d) the Submission must not contain any material that violates or infringes upon the rights of any third party, including without limitation any copyright, trademark or right of privacy or publicity, or that defames any person, or that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to any applicable law or regulation; and (e) the Submission must not contain any material that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, deems inappropriate for public viewing and/or display. By submitting a Submission, the entrant represents and warrants that he or she has complied with all of the foregoing requirements. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any Submission that Sponsor determines does not comply with these guidelines and/or to require or permit an entrant to make such changes to any Submission as are necessary to make it compliant.
- WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: Following the conclusion of the Entry Period, one (1) potential Grand Prize winner will be selected by judges designated by Sponsor (the “Judges”) from among all eligible Submissions received during the Entry Period, by applying the following criteria (the “Judging Criteria”), weighted as indicated: (a) originality (50%); (b) relevance to Contest theme (30%); and (c) creativity (20%). The Submission that receives the highest rating by the Judges based on the Judging Criteria will be the potential Grand Prize winner, subject to verification. In the event of a tie between any two Submissions, the Submission with the highest score in the originality category will be deemed the higher scoring Entry. The odds of winning will depend on the number and quality of valid entries received. The potential winner will be notified after the conclusion of the Entry Period via a Direct Message sent to the potential winner’s Twitter account (as applicable based on the method of entry). The potential winner will be required to provide his or her mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, date of birth and such other information as Sponsor may require. If the potential winner cannot be reached within seventy-two (72) hours of the initial notification attempt, he or she may be disqualified and an alternate winner selected. The potential winner is subject to verification of eligibility and may, in Sponsor’s discretion, be required to submit proof of identity and/or eligibility in a form acceptable to Sponsor (including, without limitation, government-issued photo identification). Sponsor will have the right to require that the potential winner complete and return to Sponsor an Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity/Liability Release (collectively, a “Declaration and Release” for residents of Canada) within three (3) days of attempted delivery of same. In the case of a Canadian selected entrant, he/she will be required to correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without mechanical or other aid to be administered via telephone, email or another manner determined by Sponsor in its discretion at a pre-arranged mutually convenient time. If any attempted notification or prize delivery is returned as undeliverable or if the potential winner fails to respond to any notification attempt within the time period specified by Sponsor, fails to complete, sign, and return any required documentation within the time period specified by Sponsor, does not meet the eligibility requirements set forth in Section 1, or is not compliant with these Official Rules (including the requirement to correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question if a Canadian), the potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner selected.
- PRIZE: One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded. The Grand Prize consists of one (1) gift card with a face value of Two Hundred and Fifty Dollars ($250.00). All prize details (including without limitation the issuer of the gift card) will be determined by Sponsor in its discretion. The approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is $250. Use of the gift card is subject to the issuer’s terms and conditions. The prize will be awarded if properly claimed. No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of the right to receive the prize is permitted, except in the discretion of Sponsor, which reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize or prizes of equal or greater value selected by Sponsor in its discretion. The prize consists only of the item expressly specified in these Official Rules. All expenses or costs associated with the acceptance or use of the prize that are not expressly specified in these Official Rules as being part of the prize are the responsibility of the winner. The prize is awarded “as is” and without any warranty other than as required by law. FOR U.S. RESIDENTS: All federal, state and local taxes on the value of the prize are the responsibility of the winner. An IRS form 1099 will be issued in the winner’s name if required by law.
- GRANT OF RIGHTS: By entering the Contest, each entrant irrevocably grants Sponsor and its parent companies, subsidiaries and affiliates, and the agents and licensees of each of the foregoing (collectively, the “Licensees”) the right to use the entrant’s name, likeness, voice, and/or biographical information, in perpetuity, throughout the world, in all media and formats whether now or later known or developed, for commercial purposes and any other purposes (including, without limitation, advertising and promotion), without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. In addition, by entering the Contest and submitting a Submission, each entrant irrevocably grants the Licensees a non-exclusive license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit, create derivative works based on and otherwise use the entrant’s Submission, in whole or in part, in perpetuity, throughout the world, in all media and formats whether now or later known or developed (including without limitation on Sponsor’s websites and social media channels), for commercial purposes and any other purposes (including, without limitation, advertising and promotion), without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- RELEASE AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: The Licensees and all other companies involved in the development or operation of the Contest or the provision of the prize, Twitter and Instagram, and the successors and assigns of each of the foregoing, and the officers, directors, employees and agents of each of the foregoing (collectively, the “Released Parties”) are not responsible for and will have no liability for (a) late, lost, delayed, illegible, damaged, corrupted or incomplete entries, incorrect or inaccurate capture of, damage to, or loss of entries or entry information, or any other human or technical errors of any kind relating to the operation of Twitter and/or Instagram, communications or attempted communications with any entrant, the submission, collection, storage or processing of entries or the administration of the Contest, (b) any “act of god” or other force majeure event outside of Sponsor’s control that may interfere with, delay or prevent the provision of the prize, (c) undeliverable e-mails resulting from any form of active or passive e-mail filtering by a user’s Internet service provider and/or e-mail client or for insufficient space in user’s e-mail account to receive e-mail or (d) any damage to any computer system resulting from participation in or accessing or downloading information in connection with the Contest. By entering, each entrant releases and agrees to hold each of the Released Parties harmless from and against any and all claims and liabilities of any kind that the entrant ever had, now has or might in the future have arising out of or relating to the Contest, participation in the Contest, the acceptance, receipt or use of the prize and/or any use of the entrant’s name, likeness, voice and/or biographical information and/or any Submission, including without limitation all claims and liabilities based on any personal injury, property damage or loss or death or any violation of the right of publicity or privacy or infringement of copyright. Entrants assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in the Contest or the acceptance, receipt or use of the prize. The Released Parties are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Contest or in the announcement of the prize. In no event will more than one (1) prize be awarded.
- GENERAL RULES: All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be verified or returned. By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THE CONTEST OR UNDERMINE THE CONTENT OR LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY PERSON OR PERSONS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify or prohibit from participating in the Contest any individual who, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, Sponsor determines or believes (i) has tampered with the entry process or has undermined the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair playing practices, (ii) has engaged in conduct that annoys, abuses, threatens or harasses any other entrants or any representative of Sponsor, or (iii) has attempted or intends to attempt any of the foregoing. The use of automated devices, programs or methods to submit entries is prohibited and Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entry that it believes may have been submitted using such an automated device, program or method. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Contest should a virus, bugs, entrant fraud or misconduct or other cause beyond the control of the Sponsor corrupt the administration, integrity, security or proper operation thereof or in the event of any change to the terms governing the use of Twitter and/or Instagram or the application or interpretation of such terms. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of an entrant, the entry will be deemed made by the registered user of the social media account used to submit the Submission. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of entry. Entry times will be determined based on the timestamp attributed to the Entrant’s Submission by the applicable social media platform. Normal time rates and/or data rates (as applicable), if any, charged by the entrant’s internet or mobile service provider will apply. In the event of termination of the Contest, a notice will be posted online and the Judges will select the winner by applying the Judging Criteria from among all eligible Submissions received prior to the time of termination. All federal, state, provincial/territorial and local laws and regulations apply. By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees that (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Contest or the prize shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and by entering each entrant waives all rights to claim punitive, special, incidental or consequential damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrants and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York. Any legal proceedings arising out of the Contest or relating to these Official Rules shall be instituted only in the federal or state courts located in the State of New York, County of New York, and the parties consent to jurisdiction therein with respect to any legal proceedings or disputes of whatever nature arising under or relating to these rules.
- WINNER’S NAME AND RULES REQUESTS: For the name of the winner, available after ______October 20________, 2015, or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: The Ally Scavenger Hunt Contest, c/o GREY Activation & PR, 200 5th Avenue, New York, NY 10010. Residents of Canada and Vermont may omit return postage.
- Sponsor: Ally Bank, Midvale, UT. The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter or Instagram.