#MoneyIdol TweetChat Official Rules
INTERNET ACCESS IS REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATE.
1) Sweepstakes Timing: The participation period for the #MoneyIdol Live Twitter Chat (the “Sweepstakes”) begins at 2 p.m. ET on December 15, 2015 and ends at 3 p.m. ET on December 15, 2015 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). All entrants must have access to the Internet in order to participate in this Sweepstakes. Normal Internet and usage charges imposed by your online service provider may apply.
2) Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the U.S. and Canada (excluding Quebec), who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. Employees of Ally Bank (the “Sponsor”), Grey NY, GOBankingRates, their respective parents, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, suppliers, distributors and advertising, promotional and judging agencies, are not eligible to participate or win. Void in Quebec and where prohibited by law. All federal, state, provincial, municipal and local laws and regulations apply.
3) How to enter the Sweepstakes: There is NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to participate in the Sweepstakes. A purchase does not increase your chances of winning. To qualify for entry to the sweepstakes, participants must follow @AllyBank and @GOBankingRates and participate in the chat by tweeting at #MoneyIdol and #sweeps. Two winners will be selected at random from list of participants. Ally Bank will receive a maximum of (1) entry per participant (the “Entry”) into the Sweepstakes. All Submissions must be received by 3:00 p.m. ET on December 15, 2015, to be eligible for the Prize. You must have a Twitter account to enter. If you do not have a Twitter account, and you would like to create one, visit www.Twitter.com. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder of the email address/Twitter account associated with the entry. Entries will not be judged. Any Entry deemed inappropriate or containing unsuitable images or text, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, will be disqualified. Any Entry or portion thereof that is, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory, contains references to sex, nudity, acts of violence or acts that may cause harm, contains any proper names, third party materials, or otherwise violates or infringes (or may infringe) any copyright, trademark, logo, mark that identifies a brand (other than Ally Bank) or other proprietary right of any person living or deceased (including but not limited to rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light) or entity, sexual in nature, or is otherwise objectionable, will disqualify the entrant as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Entry must be in keeping with Sponsor’s image and may not be offensive, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Entrants may not copy or otherwise plagiarize the Submission from any source. Sponsor has the sole discretion to determine whether a Submission qualifies as an Entry. All Submissions must be the sole, original work of the Entrants and must be in English. By submitting an Entry, you hereby grant the Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, assigns, licensees, and legal representatives the irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide right to use, reproduce, edit, market, store, distribute, have distributed, publicly and privately display, communicate, publicly and privately perform, transmit, have transmitted, create derivative works based upon, and promote the Entry (as such may be edited and modified by the Sponsor in its discretion) for editorial, commercial, promotional and all other purposes (including posting on any websites). Normal Internet access, phone/usage charges imposed by your online/phone service will apply. All Entries become property of the Sponsor. By entering, you understand and agree that your Submission may (in Sponsor’s sole discretion), 1) be posted online for consumers to view on the Ally Bank Facebook Page, Sponsor’s Social Media sites or other Sponsor-selected sites; 2) Submissions may be distributed across social media channels. Sponsor reserves the right to remove any posted Submissions, in its sole discretion, even if the Submission has already been made available to the public.
4) Random Drawing: Two (2) winners will be selected in a random drawing on December 15, 2015 from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The drawing will be conducted by Ally Bank. Odds of winning are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Potential Winner will be notified by “direct message” (“DM”) on Twitter. Ally Bank will be responsible for initial contact via DM to the Potential Winner. The Potential Winner will be awarded the prize via email contact provided within thirty (30) days of Sweepstakes.
5) Prize and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): Two (2) Amazon gift cards will be awarded to Sweepstakes winners in the amount of $100 each (ARV: USD$100 each). Gift card is subject to certain restrictions and an expiration date may apply. No transfer, substitution or cash equivalent permitted by winner. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute the prize with one of comparable or greater value. Acceptance of Prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agencies to use winner’s name, photo and/or likeness and Submission/Tweets on Twitter, Facebook, Sponsor’s Social Media sites or other Sponsor-selected sites for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, including a winner list, unless prohibited by law.
6) General Rules: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Administrator. Potential winner will be notified via DM to winner’s Twitter handle. Potential winner will receive prize via email address provided within 30 days of Sweepstakes. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agencies to use winner’s name and/or likeness and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, including a winner list, unless prohibited by law. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. Entries become the property of the Sponsor. The Sponsor and its agencies and Administrator are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in the Sweepstakes or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, accessing or downloading information in connection with the Sweepstakes. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the account used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. Winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder of the account associated with the entry. Proof of entering information via Twitter does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt of such information. Sponsor and/or its Administrator (as identified in these Official Rules) are not responsible for the failure of any entry to be received by Sponsor/Administrator on account of technical problems or congestion on the internet or at any website. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; violates the Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Entries generated by script or bot are not eligible. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a participant, the authorized account holder of the Site account submitted at the time of entry will be deemed to be the participant. “Authorized account holder” of a Site account is defined as the person who is responsible for joining the Site and who manages the e-mail address associated with the Site Account. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, then the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel the Sweepstakes and select the winner in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received prior to cancellation. By participating in the Sweepstakes, the entrant agrees that Sponsor, Administrator, Twitter, their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, agents, retailers, advertising and Sweepstakes agencies, and all of their respective shareholders, officers, directors, employees and assigns, members, representatives and agents, will have no liability whatsoever for, and will be held harmless by entrant for any liability for any bodily injury, loss, cost or damages of any kind to persons, including death and property, damages sustained due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from entry creation, the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, if applicable or participation in the Sweepstakes or participation in any Sweepstakes or related activity. By entering the Sweepstakes, you hereby represent and warrant that you have read these Official Rules and are fully familiar with its contents.
7) Winner: The name of each winner will be posted for one (1) day at www.twitter.com/allybank within a reasonable amount of time of the close of the Sweepstakes.
8) Sponsor/Administrator: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Ally Bank.
The Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter. You understand that you are providing your information to the Sponsor and not to Twitter. The information you provide will only be used in the event you are selected as the Sweepstakes winner or if you have indicated that you would like to receive additional information from the Sponsor.